Life isn't always easy, but it wasn't meant to be. Many believe the reason we are here is so we can learn and grow to be the best human being we possibly can. Others believe we are souls having a human experience, living this life to enhance our existence on another plane.
But life was also meant to be enjoyed. We seem to forget that when we experience some of life's more challenging circumstances. Maybe all we need are a few reminders about how to get the most out of our lives:
1. Take responsibility for your life. Stop blaming people for where you are in life. You made the choices that led you to where you are. If you want to change something, change it. You have the power.
2. Find Balance. Balance means something different to everyone. A good rule of thumb is to let your intuition be your guide. if you feel a little "off," take a few minutes to check in with yourself to figure out why.
3. Open your mind. Just because we don't see the world in the same way as someone else doesn't mean they are wrong. Listen to what they have to say. You just might learn something.
4. Be Grateful. When we are grateful, it is because we appreciate what we have. And when we appreciate what we have, you can't possibly be sad.
5. Remember that happiness is always within your control. Happiness is a state of mind. Though it can be difficult to see it, or understand how to get there sometimes, we really do have the power to change our thoughts. Changing our thoughts can change our attitude and lead us to where we want to be.
6. Take Care of Yourself. Many people don't take care of themselves because they really aren't sure how. Ways you can do this is to eat right, exercise, and socialize, but you are the one only one who knows for sure what you need. Hate to exercise? Start with walking and increase it little by little. Join a club or take a course. Cut out the fast food, and sweets. And make sure to pencil in some alone time to rejuvenate with a massage. (See #2)
7. Find your passion and your purpose. Someone once told me "Find your passion and you'll find your purpose." Whether your passion is helping others or writing a best-seller, your purpose will depend on what you do with it.
8. Keep Learning. No one knows everything, but the more you know the better decisions you can make. Read, talk to people who are experts in their fields, take notes, and then read some more. Knowledge is power.
No one is perfect. We all have set-backs and make mistakes. But every day is another chance to try again. And at the end of the day, if you can lay in bed and know you did the best you could, I'd say that was a good day.